Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID

Hi

Could you please help me ? This message appears in Settings on my iPad -

” Update Apple ID Settings “

I enter the password which is also my password for iCloud.

The next instruction is “Approve this iPad “ it tells me to go to one of my other devices

signed in to iCloud so as to approve my iPad.

I am unable to do this so I tap “ Can’t approve this iPad “ which takes me to the the instructions

” You can re-set your end to end encrypted data to finish setting up iCloud “

I have 2 options -

(1) Reset encrypted data or (2) Cancel “

I am afraid that if I choose option (1) then I will loose data.

Can you help me please?

Emlyn Ellis

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 7:01 AM

Log-in to your AppleID account - and ensure that all your account details are correct, together with your secondary/recovery email addresses - and your trusted telephone numbers. All these are critical for administration and recovery of your AppleID account.

https://appleid.apple.com

Updating and ensuring that the account is fully up-to-date may resolve many issues that you are currently experiencing.

I hope this is helpful in moving to a resolution.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 7:01 AM in response to tanetemlyn

Log-in to your AppleID account - and ensure that all your account details are correct, together with your secondary/recovery email addresses - and your trusted telephone numbers. All these are critical for administration and recovery of your AppleID account.

https://appleid.apple.com

Updating and ensuring that the account is fully up-to-date may resolve many issues that you are currently experiencing.

I hope this is helpful in moving to a resolution.

Apr 23, 2020 8:41 AM in response to tanetemlyn

This is not Apple Support though, but a community of other Apple device users. You will need to call up Apple Support for your country & explain the problem to them as there is no other way of resolving the issue if you do not have other devices to verify with like the process asks, if you cannot login to your AppleID any other way like LotusPilot has mentioned.

Update Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.