Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Hello everyone! I have a question. I'm trying to organize all of my music that I've collected over the years and have done this several times with Apple Music already. I have a crap ton of songs that I've purchased and I don't want to buy iCloud storage. I'd reach a limit of how much I can have and it started glitching out and deleting songs, which made me restart the whole process because of my OCD lol! I really like Apple music when it comes to discovering songs, but I'd only like to have Apple music on my phone and not with my PC. So essentially I want to manually sync my purchases onto my iPhone, without it syncing onto the cloud and taking up space. But still keep Apple music on my iPhone so I can hear and discover different songs, and not have it sync to my PC. Apologies if this may be confusing for some lol! Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great isolation day!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:56 AM

Good afternoon 57chubby,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like use your Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, but you no longer want it syncing to your Windows PC. You can stop this by turning off Sync Library on your PC. (Depending on what version of iTunes you have, you may see "iCloud Music Library" instead of "Sync Library").

"On your PC with iTunes for Windows

To turn off iCloud Music Library:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Edit > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab and select iCloud Music Library to turn it off. 
  4. Click OK.

Source: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Restart your computer after making these changes, and make any additional edits you want to your iTunes library.

Then, make a backup of your iTunes library on an external drive.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC

Enjoy your day!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 11:56 AM in response to 57chubby

Good afternoon 57chubby,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like use your Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, but you no longer want it syncing to your Windows PC. You can stop this by turning off Sync Library on your PC. (Depending on what version of iTunes you have, you may see "iCloud Music Library" instead of "Sync Library").

"On your PC with iTunes for Windows

To turn off iCloud Music Library:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Edit > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab and select iCloud Music Library to turn it off. 
  4. Click OK.

Source: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Restart your computer after making these changes, and make any additional edits you want to your iTunes library.

Then, make a backup of your iTunes library on an external drive.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC

Enjoy your day!

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.