Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a cable that I can get to plug my 2010 macpro into an HDMI equipped tv?

Is there a cable that I can get to plug my 2010 Mac Pro into and HDMI equipped tv?

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 3:06 PM

Just following up to what BDAqua wrote: We don't know exactly what video card you have.....but it's either going to be DisplayPort, MiniDisplayPort, DVI or HDMI, depending on the age of your video card. I have attached a rough picture of the various kinds of video sockets so you can figure out which one you have (check the back of your 2010 macpro), and from that, get the appropriate cable. If your tv will do 1080, then an X to HDMI 1.4 cable will work, but if it's more than that, then get one that's an X to HDMI 2.0 cable. The cable should also support HDCP 2.2 otherwise you might not get a picture if you want 4k. (see picture)

that's all folks

JB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 3:06 PM in response to ancientcomputerpro

Just following up to what BDAqua wrote: We don't know exactly what video card you have.....but it's either going to be DisplayPort, MiniDisplayPort, DVI or HDMI, depending on the age of your video card. I have attached a rough picture of the various kinds of video sockets so you can figure out which one you have (check the back of your 2010 macpro), and from that, get the appropriate cable. If your tv will do 1080, then an X to HDMI 1.4 cable will work, but if it's more than that, then get one that's an X to HDMI 2.0 cable. The cable should also support HDCP 2.2 otherwise you might not get a picture if you want 4k. (see picture)

that's all folks

JB

Is there a cable that I can get to plug my 2010 macpro into an HDMI equipped tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.