Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery issue

Could I use my phone when it is charged? Is there any problem like battery damaged or reduce battery health?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:55 PM

Yes, you can use your phone while charging however it will charge faster in not in use.

I have the same issue with my iphoneX running iOS13.

There could be a number of things causing your battery to drain fast.

First i would suggest doing the following -

1. Open "settings" and scroll down to "battery" - this will give you insight to whether this is the device's battery itself or a user/software issue. It will show you which apps are draining your battery.
      2. Swipe up from the bottom of your phone (app switcher) and close all applications not in use
      3. Turn off "background app refresh" unless needed
      4. Turn on "low power mode" and "auto brightness"
      5. Turn off bluetooth and wifi when not using at home

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 6:55 PM in response to rayhan2126

Yes, you can use your phone while charging however it will charge faster in not in use.

I have the same issue with my iphoneX running iOS13.

There could be a number of things causing your battery to drain fast.

First i would suggest doing the following -

1. Open "settings" and scroll down to "battery" - this will give you insight to whether this is the device's battery itself or a user/software issue. It will show you which apps are draining your battery.
      2. Swipe up from the bottom of your phone (app switcher) and close all applications not in use
      3. Turn off "background app refresh" unless needed
      4. Turn on "low power mode" and "auto brightness"
      5. Turn off bluetooth and wifi when not using at home

iPhone battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.