Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo quality

Hi.

I would like to know, how it is possible to upload the photos for ICLOUD with the real quality that are on the phone.

1 photo on the phone (1.5mb) when I download it from ICLOUD, (0.8 mb)

- Half the quality of the photo is lost

thanks

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 1:40 AM

How are you downloading the photos from iCloud to your computer? And how are you checking the size? Are you using the web interface at www.icloud.com? Then you have to ensure that the full version original is selected, when you click the download button.

There is tiny "v" arrow below the downloads button, that will disclose a menu, where you can select the full size originals:

Do not use shared albums to transfer the photos. The shared albums are scaling the images down to 2040 pixel at the longest edge.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is taking the photos at 4032 × 3024 pixels, and iCloud Photos is transferring them to my Mac at the full resolution. If you get smaller photos, you may be using sharing methods to transfer the photos are reducing the size for sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 1:40 AM in response to rene2016a

How are you downloading the photos from iCloud to your computer? And how are you checking the size? Are you using the web interface at www.icloud.com? Then you have to ensure that the full version original is selected, when you click the download button.

There is tiny "v" arrow below the downloads button, that will disclose a menu, where you can select the full size originals:

Do not use shared albums to transfer the photos. The shared albums are scaling the images down to 2040 pixel at the longest edge.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is taking the photos at 4032 × 3024 pixels, and iCloud Photos is transferring them to my Mac at the full resolution. If you get smaller photos, you may be using sharing methods to transfer the photos are reducing the size for sharing.

photo quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.