Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID & Macbook Air login

I forgot my passwords. I deleted my apple ID and recreated a new account with the same ID. I was able to login to icloud via browser but was unable to login to my macair. The message is "Cannot find this person" after i keyed in my passwords. Please help. Thanks In Advance.

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 8:42 PM

You are welcome. I'm not sure how you deleted the ID and then recreated a new ID with the same email address. There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  Have you considered doing a name change using a new email address to see if that helps? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 8:42 PM in response to NikTan69

You are welcome. I'm not sure how you deleted the ID and then recreated a new ID with the same email address. There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  Have you considered doing a name change using a new email address to see if that helps? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apr 19, 2020 8:25 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thank you for your help but I might have confused you.

Actually my Apple ID was compromised. Someone logged in with my passworss. I deleted my Apple ID and I recreated a new Apple ID with the same ID and new passwords.

I was able to log in from any browers with the new ID and passwords but when I try to log in to iTunes on my Macbook Air, i got this message saying "Cannot find this person". I tried to reset my passwords a few round but still receive this message again. I hope no confusion here. Thanks !

Apr 19, 2020 8:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your help but I might have confused you.

Actually my Apple ID was compromised. Someone logged in with my passworss. I deleted my Apple ID and I recreated a new Apple ID with the same ID and new passwords.

I was able to log in from any browers with the new ID and passwords but when I try to log in to iTunes on my Macbook Air, i got this message saying "Cannot find this person". I tried to reset my passwords a few round but still receive this message again. I hope no confusion here. Thanks !

Apple ID & Macbook Air login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.