I can not log into my new MacBook Air m entering the correct password

I can not log into my new MacBook Air for the first time. I’m entering the correct password and it not opening. Is it my Apple ID password. Or the password that was prompted soon set up? Either way I have entered both correctly several times and it not working?

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 12:05 AM

cortez232 wrote:

I can not log into my new MacBook Air for the first time. I’m entering the correct password and it not opening. Is it my Apple ID password. Or the password that was prompted soon set up?

It is the password you provided when initially setting it up.

I know you tried both though, and neither one is working. Follow all the steps in If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support, but if you can't get anywhere then contact Apple for personal assistance: Contact - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 12:05 AM in response to cortez232

cortez232 wrote:

I can not log into my new MacBook Air for the first time. I’m entering the correct password and it not opening. Is it my Apple ID password. Or the password that was prompted soon set up?

It is the password you provided when initially setting it up.

I know you tried both though, and neither one is working. Follow all the steps in If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support, but if you can't get anywhere then contact Apple for personal assistance: Contact - Official Apple Support

I can not log into my new MacBook Air m entering the correct password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.