Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications

my problem is about the notifications, so the thing is that all the other messages come with the ringtone and vibration but only one contact that i constantly speak to, sends me a message and it does not give any sign that the message came. Also i wait at the page of the message and it wont alert me for the message that came. I checked everything the do not disturb the mute messages everything. I also updated my iPhone yesterday and it’s still the same problem. Please HELP!!!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:24 AM

Hey there arber241,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having some issues getting message notifications for one contact. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Assign a different ringtone to the contact and see if this has any impact on the issue:

1. Open Contacts, then select a contact.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap Text Tone.
  3. Choose an option below Alert Tones.

You can read more about this here:

Change message notifications on iPhone

If that doesn’t have any impact on this, select the contact in the Contacts app, tap Edit in the top right corner, then scroll down and delete the contact and the existing message thread. Save any important data from the thread before doing this and then restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

Create a new contact card for them and see if the alerts come in as expected. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 9:24 AM in response to arber241

Hey there arber241,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having some issues getting message notifications for one contact. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Assign a different ringtone to the contact and see if this has any impact on the issue:

1. Open Contacts, then select a contact.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap Text Tone.
  3. Choose an option below Alert Tones.

You can read more about this here:

Change message notifications on iPhone

If that doesn’t have any impact on this, select the contact in the Contacts app, tap Edit in the top right corner, then scroll down and delete the contact and the existing message thread. Save any important data from the thread before doing this and then restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

Create a new contact card for them and see if the alerts come in as expected. 

Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.