Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications

My notifications arent muted or anything like that but my phone doesn’t vibrate or alert me when i get notifications from iMessage and i don’t understand

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:17 PM

I have been having a similar problem, no notification tones for iMessages when phones are locked, for a few weeks for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my wife's iPhone 8 Max, both running IOS 15.4.1. We get tones for SMS, but not iMessage. Message Notifications were always enabled. I tried several fixes found online to no avail. Since the problem was just with iMessage and not SMS, I decided to remove our cell numbers from iMessage and FaceTime and turned both off. We could then receive SMS from other iPhones (and Android phones) with a Notification tone. I then re-enabled our cell numbers/iMessage/FaceTime for our respective phones and now iMessage Notifications are working normally. I am not a programmer, but this appears to suggest a problem with iMessage/iCloud and not the iPhone or IOS, perhaps triggered by IOS updates. I hope this works for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 12:17 PM in response to Austinsalt

I have been having a similar problem, no notification tones for iMessages when phones are locked, for a few weeks for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my wife's iPhone 8 Max, both running IOS 15.4.1. We get tones for SMS, but not iMessage. Message Notifications were always enabled. I tried several fixes found online to no avail. Since the problem was just with iMessage and not SMS, I decided to remove our cell numbers from iMessage and FaceTime and turned both off. We could then receive SMS from other iPhones (and Android phones) with a Notification tone. I then re-enabled our cell numbers/iMessage/FaceTime for our respective phones and now iMessage Notifications are working normally. I am not a programmer, but this appears to suggest a problem with iMessage/iCloud and not the iPhone or IOS, perhaps triggered by IOS updates. I hope this works for you.

Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.