Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my 32 bit apps that came with my Mac when I purchased it to 64 bit apps now being run...iDVD; Photos; HP Scan

How do I upgrade my 32 bit apps (Photos; iDVD; HP scan) to 64 bits? Ever since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.4 I have not been able to sue these apps.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 12:02 PM

iDVD is dead. Apple dropped it years ago.You'd have to find another DVD authoring program, but who uses DVDs anymore?

HP scan, you need to ask HP. Or, you might just be able to use Image Capture.

Photos has be 64-bit forever. What problem are you having with it.

You could always erase the drive and restore your previous OS from your Time Machine backup.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 12:02 PM in response to 2020spaceoddity

iDVD is dead. Apple dropped it years ago.You'd have to find another DVD authoring program, but who uses DVDs anymore?

HP scan, you need to ask HP. Or, you might just be able to use Image Capture.

Photos has be 64-bit forever. What problem are you having with it.

You could always erase the drive and restore your previous OS from your Time Machine backup.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

Apr 19, 2020 12:26 PM in response to 2020spaceoddity

What model HP scanner do you have? Is it a multi-function device? If so can you still print with it?

Go to the App Store and search for "video DVD" to get a number of possible video DVD authoring apps. Many have demo versions to try before you purchase.

As as Barney has already asked what problem are you having with Photos? Or are you referring to iPhoto? iPhoto is 32 bit and won't work with Catalina. Just open the iPhoto library with Photos and it will migrate the library to the new Photos type of library.

Can I upgrade my 32 bit apps that came with my Mac when I purchased it to 64 bit apps now being run...iDVD; Photos; HP Scan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.