Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not working

hi,

I have an APPLE IPAD mini (model MF 450B/A) and I want to add a new language.- Lithuanian in particular (planning to post it to my mum,since her old tabled is broken,need to keep a contact in this lockdown...)

Its not coming up one of the languages i could choose from,but i do believe that it is possible to add a language (unfortunately i couldn't find any info about it online...)

and second question

This ipadmini is not connecting to the WIFI (tried everything possible- refreshed the network,disconnect and connected again so many times, switched off the ipad and back again, even coming literally to the modem and it is still not picking up....the laoding sign woudl appear and dissapear in a few secs, and just says not connected....

A reply would be much aprpeciated

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks

iPad mini 4, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 1:49 PM

rina79x wrote: I want to add a new language.- Lithuanian in particular

It's not possible to add new system languages to any Apple product beyond what they publish in their tech specs, and Lithuanian is not yet included in these.

You should of course have no problem reading Lithuanian docs, emails, and webpages or typing in Lithuanian (by going to settings > general > keyboard > keyboards > add new keyboard).

To ask Apple to add Lithuanian to its interface language support, go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 1:49 PM in response to rina79x

rina79x wrote: I want to add a new language.- Lithuanian in particular

It's not possible to add new system languages to any Apple product beyond what they publish in their tech specs, and Lithuanian is not yet included in these.

You should of course have no problem reading Lithuanian docs, emails, and webpages or typing in Lithuanian (by going to settings > general > keyboard > keyboards > add new keyboard).

To ask Apple to add Lithuanian to its interface language support, go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Apr 19, 2020 1:54 PM in response to rina79x

Hello,

Q1

Lithuanian is a language on iPhone and iPad, just go to Settings > General > Language & Region > Add Language. Then type in Lithuanian and it should come up.

Q2

Try following the steps on this link, to try and solve your problem with connecting to your WiFi network:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204051

Let me know if you need any more help :)

Thanks, EpicX

Apr 19, 2020 2:15 PM in response to Zayak_1

EpicX wrote: Lithuanian is a language on iPhone and iPad, just go to Settings > General > Language & Region > Add Language. Then type in Lithuanian and it should come up.

Typing in Lithuanian has never been a problem. But iOS does not yet support Lithuanian for menus and dialogues, which is what people normally want. Only the languages listed in the tech specs are supported this way.

Apr 20, 2020 8:15 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

TOM,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you APPLE representative.

I have seen exactly the same answer from you in August 2019. I though this issue would have been resolved or APPLE doesn't give a f****

send a feedback.....is this for real?>>???

I AM SURE i get 00000000000000000 result in the next 6 month or so....

I need the language ASAP, to stay in contact

and its not about the keyword- its for a mum-a person over 60,who doesn't know a word in English....

Whats wrong with WIFI. a few days it is not picking up.....still keeps searching with no luck...

previously a card with internet was used,not its not picking up a signal-i has done everything-refreshed the network,unplugged got back again, restored to factory setting,left literally beside the modem-tried it all-nothing has worked

APPLE APPLE --- i can't believe you. Please complaining and submitting feedback for years, you wouldn't move a finger to help them out... I genuinely though it would have been fixed by now...

Then you are LOOSING BUSINESS

not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.