Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air 4th Gen Issues

Hi! I got my IPad Air 4th Gen a little less than a year ago and I didnt use it the past couple months and I just tried to use it for school and its displaying a bunch of weird issues. First, it wont connect to wifi. It says that it has, but when I try to use something requiring wifi it says that there's no connection. Another weird issue that I've noticed is that the backspace doesn't work which is a very weird and specific issue. So once I type something I can't delete it. I'm not sure what else is wrong with it but these are the first issues I've noticed. Any advice? Ive tried turning it fully off and on again and it doesn't seem to help.

thank you!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:54 PM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2022 3:50 AM in response to clodagh177

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

If difficulties persist, a forced restart may be beneficial: To do so, connect your iPad to its Power Adapter - and while connected to external power:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

IPad Air 4th Gen Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.