Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thumbnail size

when selecting open files in photoshop the iMac thumbnails are very small making it difficult to select photos for processing

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 2:25 PM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2020 9:36 AM in response to Levonsuho1949

You can change the thumbnail size so that the Finder can view larger thumbnails but it's Adobe's responsibility to let Photoshop render the thumbnails larger. p

However, you can use the Quicklook from the Open window in Photoshop to view the thumbnails much larger and the arrow keys on the keyboard to move from one image file to another:

Just select an image and press the Space bar. Cycle thru the files with the arrow keys.

Apr 20, 2020 9:33 AM in response to Levonsuho1949

You don't say which version of Photoshop you're using! I'm using Photoshop CS6, and there is no way of adjusting the size of icons in Photoshop´s "Open" dialog as you can in a Finder window. Adobe "support" saying this is a Mac issue is just them typically passing the buck.

Try this: when in Photoshop´s "Open" dialog have the view set to "column" view, and when you select a file you get a decent-sized preview on the right. Not exactly what you want, I know, but it might help! Personally I always just use a Finder window for selecting files to work on in Photoshop, but everyone has their own way of doing things! Regards, Ian.

Apr 20, 2020 12:45 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for your replies .I am aware of enlarging the thumbnails individually but that defeats the purpose if you are looking at a large number of photos to select some for processing .Adobe support says this is an Apple issue.I thought I was missing something simple in order to enlarge the thumbnails but it appears there is no way to do this .Have been trying to contact Apple support directly without success.

thumbnail size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.