Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 broken. Can I use its SIM in my old iPhone 4?

Hi,

My daughter's iPhone 8 was just broken by her toddler daughter. Screen and some innards broken. Can't sign in, etc. SIM card is from the carrier, Consumer Cellular.

Can I use the SIM from the iPhone 8 in my old iPhone 4? (Model # MD 236 B/A) It hasn't been used in years, but seems to be in good working condition. If I can use the CC SIM how would I go about it other than just moving the sim from the 8 to the 4?

My daughter needs her phone for work and I'm trying to avoid the five day's wait for a new iPhone 8.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Ed in Brooklyn (locked down!)

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:40 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Edward M. Baum

You won’t be able to use the sim card directly since the iphone 4 uses a micro sim card , while the iphone 8 uses a nano sim card which is smaller. You will need an adapter: https://www.amazon.com/slp/sim-card-adapter/2yfyy6vwye7d7m5

The other issue, will be if the iPhone 4 is locked to a carrier that is not consumer cellular, in which case it will not accept the sim card.

You can of course try the sim card in the iPhone, and see if it works.

Make sure you wipe the iPhone clean before using here sim card: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone 8 broken. Can I use its SIM in my old iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.