Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie for mac permission issue

similar question as others on permissions. All of a sudden I am trying to Share file and getting message that export failed; I don't have permission. I can't find the current version in Finder (prior versions are there). Also can't see where Rich recommended trying to "unlock" file. Uninstalling and reinstalling seems complicated.

Hope everyone is virus free! Thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 7:33 PM

It can be difficult to untangle permissions problems without having access to your computer. Sometimes it involves reloading the operating system. I suggest that you contact Apple Support and talk to the savvy techs there. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we can't do here. Click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen and navigate to a place where you can give you phone number and have Apple Support call you back.

Good luck with this. If you have time, report back with your results, as it may help others with this problem.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 7:33 PM in response to SteveTennis

It can be difficult to untangle permissions problems without having access to your computer. Sometimes it involves reloading the operating system. I suggest that you contact Apple Support and talk to the savvy techs there. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we can't do here. Click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen and navigate to a place where you can give you phone number and have Apple Support call you back.

Good luck with this. If you have time, report back with your results, as it may help others with this problem.

-- Rich

imovie for mac permission issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.