Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New series 5 iwatch keeps turning off

My watch is one week old and keeps turning off even though it is charged. Only turns back on if placed on charger and then shows a red electrical lead which goes green really quickly. It’s happened 4 times today. Both watch and phone have latest iOS versions. Any ideas?

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 2:33 PM

Hi thanks for your reply. I have tried all of those suggestions and it is still happening. The iwatch is charged over 80% but will turn itself off with the red warning if I press it on once and the nothing but a black screen. I put it on the charger and within 20 seconds it show 80% battery as if all is fine.

it’s only a few days old and I never had this with my last iwatch series 3

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 2:33 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi thanks for your reply. I have tried all of those suggestions and it is still happening. The iwatch is charged over 80% but will turn itself off with the red warning if I press it on once and the nothing but a black screen. I put it on the charger and within 20 seconds it show 80% battery as if all is fine.

it’s only a few days old and I never had this with my last iwatch series 3

Apr 21, 2020 7:14 PM in response to fionnuala28

Hey fionnuala28,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're having trouble with your Apple Watch restarting and having issues with charging. I'd be happy to help out.

I'd like for you to test the steps here:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

If you're still having trouble, try these:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cheers!

May 7, 2020 4:42 PM in response to D1289

I arranged a call through the help desk. I had already unpaired and re-paired. Turned my phone on and off. Had the latest software. The guy (Eddie) was really helpful. I had to turn off a new setting of the 5series (that I now can’t find in my app), something to do with always on, might have been wake screen always On?) within 12 hours my watch switched itself off again and I thought, here we go again! Glad to say it has been fine ever since (3 weeks ago).

Don’t charge your watch on non-iPhone chargers like generic night stand docs. Arrange a call with the helpdesk. I set it up the night wrote for 3 pm the next day and they called at 3.05 pm and it was all done within 10 mins. I thought it hadn’t worked when it turned off again the next day but it hasn’t happens since. Good luck

New series 5 iwatch keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.