Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac is stuck at 100% when its booting up.

I own a 2012 iMac “21.5 inch” and recently it shut down because it was being slow. When I turned on the Mac, it was loading very slow and it took 30 minutes to reach 100% of the bar. When it reached 100%, it stuck there for hours and hours without end. So I decided to go on YouTube to look for a solution and tried everything from Mac OSX Recovery to resetting the NVRAM or SMC to Safe Mode. And they did not seem to work. Whenever I use Recovery Mode and it took a large chunk of time to let me use Disk Utility and the beachball was preventing me from doing anything. But then when I tried Downloading a new version of MacOS, my startup disk was not there. I couldn’t do anything. Hopefully this is enough information for anyone to help me find a solution to this problem. I have online classes right now, so I haven’t done single thing yet.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 1:08 PM

See if this helps...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Similar questions

3 replies

My Mac is stuck at 100% when its booting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.