Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to iMessages using my Apple ID

Hey everybody, any help would absolutely be appreciated -

I am using a MacBook Air (2018). I have my own personal user on that Mac in which I have no issues whatsoever, all apple services (including iMessage) or otherwise work as expected.

Yesterday I created a 2nd user on that Mac for business management. I created a new apple ID for the business and now I'm trying to log into iMessage with the new Apple ID but no matter what I try I get an error.

Other services such as App Store, Music, iCloud Drive etc. works perfectly well, only experiencing troubles with logging into iMessage with the NEW Apple ID.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 8:36 AM

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (The link doesn’t always load)

Get Support     Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support   The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 8:36 AM in response to MadaDigital

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (The link doesn’t always load)

Get Support     Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support   The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

Apr 20, 2020 6:20 PM in response to MadaDigital

You are welcome. Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

If you boot the account into the Safe Mode, can you sign in?

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Apr 21, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, you're being very helpful.

I tried to sign in with the problematic Apple ID in a different Apple device (iPad), it succeeded. I was able to log into iMessage, I even sent and received some messages, when I tried then logging back to this Apple ID through my Mac the error message jumped right back in again.

I guess that it has something to do with my Mac (which is extremely weird since in another user using a different Apple ID iMessage work just perfectly fine.)

I guess I have to contact Apple Support.

Thank you.

Apr 21, 2020 9:18 AM in response to Eric Root

I ended up chatting with Apple Support representative.

Apparently the issue was on Apple's side. The representative said my Apple ID was flagged as spam hence wasn't able to go through activation. I find it very weird since I was able to log with that ID on an iPad and have iMessage working and also due to the fact I only had it for 2 days so I don't understand how it would be flagged as spam.

Long story short - she sent a prompt to my Mac which upon confirmation enabled iMessage and now the problem is solved.

Thank you all :)

Can't log in to iMessages using my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.