Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook won’t turn on after mojave installation

My macbook air wont turn on after installing mojave. It said it was going to restart however it has been stuck on a black screen for 20+ mins. I’m really scared that my macbook is now completely dead. Please help

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 4:04 AM

kasey283 wrote:

My macbook air wont turn on after installing mojave. It said it was going to restart however it has been stuck on a black screen for 20+ mins. I’m really scared that my macbook is now completely dead. Please help

The installation process can take some time to complete, 45 minutes maybe a reasonable wait time...

If you are stuck You can force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec

Reboot and see where this leaves you.

How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support

You can try your install again if it failed— boot into SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5-15 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc. Login and and launch your installer again.

The installer sits in the Application folder "Install macOS Mojave.app"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 4:04 AM in response to kasey283

kasey283 wrote:

The installation process can take some time to complete, 45 minutes maybe a reasonable wait time...

If you are stuck You can force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec

Reboot and see where this leaves you.

How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support

You can try your install again if it failed— boot into SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5-15 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc. Login and and launch your installer again.

The installer sits in the Application folder "Install macOS Mojave.app"

Macbook won’t turn on after mojave installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.