Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged twice for Applecare

I purchased a new i-phone directly through Apple and have been charged twice for Applecare - firstly, as an added cost to the phone and secondly, it came through as a separate charge on my cc. Who do I contact to reverse this?

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:11 PM

I had the same issue. I just found out that second apple care charge was not a transaction, but an authorization. Apple did this because iPhone is a physical product whereas Applecare is a service, and they need to be booked separately. So there was no double charge. Just in case, double check with the bank to make sure :D

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 9:11 PM in response to throbber

I had the same issue. I just found out that second apple care charge was not a transaction, but an authorization. Apple did this because iPhone is a physical product whereas Applecare is a service, and they need to be booked separately. So there was no double charge. Just in case, double check with the bank to make sure :D

Charged twice for Applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.