Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I flip the Facetime HD camera without flipping my screen?

I have to record a presentation in zoom while sharing my screen. The problem is that Facetime HD camera always outputs a flipped version of my face and I can't flip it in Quicktime without also flipping the screen, making it unreadable. Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Edit: I am using a Macbook pro 2015 with Mojave OS

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:08 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2020 12:57 PM in response to nakue90

Hi, nakue90,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to know if there is a way to flip your camera horizontally while in a Zoom meeting so that you don't appear as a mirror image. I'm happy to provide you with some information.

While you're using the computer's FaceTime camera to access the video aspects of Zoom, it is Zoom that interprets how that image is broadcast. I was able to find some Zoom information regarding rotating the camera/image here: Manually Rotate Camera – Zoom Help Center.

If that does not address your issue, please get in touch with Zoom directly: Zoom Video Communications Technical Support – Zoom Help Center.

Have a good day.

How do I flip the Facetime HD camera without flipping my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.