Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X passcode glitch, need to trust computer to recover pictures

I need to get important photos off my iPhone X but I can't unlock to trust the computer because every time I put in my passcode, or any passcode even if its wrong, everything except the assistive touch is frozen. then after sitting frozen for around 30 seconds the screen goes black with a spinning wheel. after that it takes me back to the lock screen for the process to happen all over again once I enter the password.

its worth noting that the screen is completely demolished and there's only around an inch of working touchscreen left at the bottom. besides 90 percent of the screen not working the phone is completely functional. also, just to recap my main problem is not that it won't unlock, its that I need the photos off there which I can only get by trusting this computer. which needs you to unlock the phone to do. one last thing so people are not confused, before this issue happened I set the passcode to all zeros so I can use reach ability to still type it in.

If anyone has any way to get the photos off there without trusting the computer, or a way to fix the passcode issue so I can trust it myself, I would really appreciate it. thanks everyone.

Specs:

iOS 13.1.3

standard iPhone X, not xs or xr

I believe 64 gb

black model

1 inch of functioning screen at the bottom

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:55 PM

Did you turn on iCloud Photos before it was locked, then your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

1 reply

iPhone X passcode glitch, need to trust computer to recover pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.