Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted Contacts On My Mac

Has anyone successfully tried the solution to corrupted contacts recently?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10581

After much trouble shooting with Apple Support and reinstall of the OS Catalina 10.15.4 on my iMac, Contacts On My Mac is still unusable. Any import of VCards results in the same number of "No Name" cards. If syncing is turned on to the iCloud, thousands of these No Names back pollute.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:21 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 22, 2020 11:35 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I have a recent backup. I saw those three files under AddressBook and deleted them. I also saw them under AddressBook/Sources/A2D81749....So I deleted them there too. That strange subfolder has 2 other subfolders (Images, Metadata).

When I start up the Contacts app, all 6 of the deleted files reappear with a new time. At least I can add, edit, delete within the Contacts app. I have not yet allowed in Preferences the one account (only iCloud). Before adding that account and then turning on syncing with iCloud, I'd some reassurance that the Sources subfolder and its strangely named subfolders (713AB0..., 876959E1...) are normal.

Apr 26, 2020 12:25 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for that assurance, BDAqua. So I went ahead and actually removed everything under Addressbook, rebooted, checked out empty Mac Contacts, and added the iCloud account. Now Contacts generally looks good everywhere. A couple lingering single duplicates that I've deleted seem to remain deleted, and I'm not getting thousands coming back in anywhere. Yay!

Corrupted Contacts On My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.