Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garageband wrong architecture problem following itunes software update for sync

Hello. I am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, running on a mid 2011 mac mini. I use the old version of garageband, garageband '11, because I prefer the interface despite it being outdated. Yesterday, I wanted to sync my music with my phone (iphone XR, running iOS 13.3.1), but it gave me a "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" mesage. I updated the software, and syncing my music went fine. So, everything should be fine, right? WRONG! today, garageband isn't working anymore. It was working before i updated iTunes, so i'm thinking this must have done something. Here's the complete error message I received when I tried to open it today:

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x2] Wrong architecture

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GraphicsAppSupport.framework/Frameworks

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudioKit.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudioKit

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice: mach-o, but wrong architecture

How do I fix this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 8:51 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 22, 2020 5:27 PM in response to EvanLikesApple

Hi EvanLikesApple,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to open GarageBand, and receive a specific error. I'd like to see how I can help.

Take a look at this support article: If GarageBand for Mac won't open or play back your project - Apple Support. There are several steps within this article that you can try on your end to see if it helps get GarageBand working again successfully.

Best regards.

May 9, 2020 5:11 AM in response to EvanLikesApple

Just curious. Did you recently update iTunes so that it could communicate with iOS 13? Same exact problem happened to me after doing so.

It seems that on my end, it's a problem with the framework following the iTunes update (as I was able to use GarageBand perfectly prior to update). I checked and Logic Pro and many other apps are having the same problem for me. Happens on multiple users and still after reinstall of GarageBand.

All of that evidence there leaves me confident that there's a framework problem, and I don't value GB enough to actually use my time and efforts just for it. I like making my own ringtones, and the only way to load them is via iTunes, but if I were to update iTunes after fixing the framework problem, I create the problem again.

To quote the great Patrick Star "It seems we've reached an impasse."

garageband wrong architecture problem following itunes software update for sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.