Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VERY POOR CAMERA (iphone 11 pro max)

Hello friends,

It was my dream to own an iphone.I had heard from youtube reviewers,magazine and newspaper articles that iphone 11 pro gives awesome images.Finally I purchased iphone 11 pro max in Dec 2019.I am sorry to say that i am completely disappointed by the image and video quality.It is nowhere close to my expectations and no where close to the what all the reviewers say.

I will share some images and please let me know how can these images be called good.These are very poor quality images like the images from much cheaper Android phones.Theres nothing outstanding about these images contrary to what all the reviewers say.

Is it possible that my device is faulty ????

Or is it possible that all the reviewers and users blindly praise the camera prowess of this device JUST BECAUSE IT IS AN IPHONE.

I am Heartbroken,after all this was my dream phone,my first iphone and it was supposed to be the best phone.

Please go through my shared images and let me know your thoughts.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 3:36 PM

Arvind, I looked at all three of your pictures and they are actually very good. You are not going to get DSLR quality pictures from any phone camera to this day. However, you will get some very good images when proper lighting is available.

Your Picture 1 - Perfectly exposed image. The ground and the sky colors are saturated and depicted well. It appears to be late afternoon and the color balance is near perfect. I see some distortion at the edges and that is normal when creating images with a wide angle (or extra wide angle) lenses.

Your Picture 2 - Color balance and exposure is near perfect. The only negative part here, and a big negative, is severe distortion at the edges. Once again, when using extra wide angle view, this will happen even in the best of the DSLRs. Try using standard focal length on your iPhone 11 and you will see an immediate improvement.

Your Picture 3 - Same comments as Picture 1.

My opinion is that your camera is working as designed and pictures actually look good.

Axel F.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 3:36 PM in response to arvind214

Arvind, I looked at all three of your pictures and they are actually very good. You are not going to get DSLR quality pictures from any phone camera to this day. However, you will get some very good images when proper lighting is available.

Your Picture 1 - Perfectly exposed image. The ground and the sky colors are saturated and depicted well. It appears to be late afternoon and the color balance is near perfect. I see some distortion at the edges and that is normal when creating images with a wide angle (or extra wide angle) lenses.

Your Picture 2 - Color balance and exposure is near perfect. The only negative part here, and a big negative, is severe distortion at the edges. Once again, when using extra wide angle view, this will happen even in the best of the DSLRs. Try using standard focal length on your iPhone 11 and you will see an immediate improvement.

Your Picture 3 - Same comments as Picture 1.

My opinion is that your camera is working as designed and pictures actually look good.

Axel F.

VERY POOR CAMERA (iphone 11 pro max)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.