Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there is a basic connectivity failure in my macbook air

whenever i tried to to open simple things things it won't open like google then i used the network diagonisitics and it showed basic connectivity failure there is no problem in the router because other devices are also connected with the same router network and they are working as expected.please suggest any solution..?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:07 PM

Just because other devices are working doesn't mean the router is not having a problem. Reboot your modem, then your router, and finally your laptop. Give each device time to finish booting before restarting the next one.

Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet Cable and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

Try testing your connection by:

What is the Signal Strength (RSSi) and Noise Level? Plus what networking band & transmit rate is being used? You can get this information by Option-clicking on the WiFi icon on the menubar.

If you still have problems, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 9:07 PM in response to akhilesh9213

Just because other devices are working doesn't mean the router is not having a problem. Reboot your modem, then your router, and finally your laptop. Give each device time to finish booting before restarting the next one.

Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet Cable and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

Try testing your connection by:

What is the Signal Strength (RSSi) and Noise Level? Plus what networking band & transmit rate is being used? You can get this information by Option-clicking on the WiFi icon on the menubar.

If you still have problems, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

there is a basic connectivity failure in my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.