Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connected to router/network but “not connected to the Internet”.

A few days ago my MacBook Air (several years old: 1.4 Dual-Core i5) running Big Sur 11.2.3 stopped connecting to the Internet. It successfully connects to my local WiFi network as well my iPhone, but I get the error “You Are Not Connected to the Internet”.

I know it is connected because I can access files on a drive connected to my router.

I have gone through the help links, restarting, deleting/reconnecting networks, deleting all startup items, disabling firewall, vpn, proxies, etc. Nothing has worked. It behaves as if connected except that it cannot send/receive any data with the Internet, only files from the network hardware. That leads me to believe something is blocking the traffic but I have gone through and turned everything off. Additionally, the desktop and all portable devices can still connect to the Internet without any hiccups.

Suggestions?

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 6:05 PM

If Safe Mode doesn’t get you there...

In System Preferences > Network, create a new network location, select it, and see if that works better.

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Apr 20, 2021 6:01 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Yes, I am having trouble surfing the web, emailing, updating, everything that requires a web connection. As detailed before, I can connect with the router but no data will transfer either direction over the net. Again, it is with this computer as all other devices work normal.

I tried safe mode. It did not fix the issue. Still not connected to the internet.

Connected to router/network but “not connected to the Internet”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.