Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text notifications

My son is not receiving text notifications from me. He has a iphone XR. I have a samsung note 10 plus. He receives the messages but doesn't get notification. The messages show read when he hasn't read them. This only happens with my number he receives messages from other non iphone contacts. He just got this phone a week ago. The previous phone he had broke and started doing the same thing. My number is not blocked and does not show do not disturb. Notification is set to default. I had him delete my contact info and re add it. He is still having the issue. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 10:24 PM

One quick thing to double check-

On your son's iPhone, open Messages app and locate your text but do not open the text window. See whether there is a half moon icon to the left of your name. If there is then touch your text and swipe LEFT. and that will reveal SHOW ALERTS to the right. Tap on SHOW ALERTS.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 10:24 PM in response to 0956

One quick thing to double check-

On your son's iPhone, open Messages app and locate your text but do not open the text window. See whether there is a half moon icon to the left of your name. If there is then touch your text and swipe LEFT. and that will reveal SHOW ALERTS to the right. Tap on SHOW ALERTS.

Axel F.

Text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.