Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This problem just started happening today that i have noticed, but I have not been getting my notifications from a specific number. I asked others to text and I get those notifications so far its just my boyfriends that I have not gotten the notifications. I get his messages but it won’t alert me. I have notifications on in messages and I have alerts on so it’s not that. I also have read receipts on for him but he says that they won’t show him when I read it. I’m not sure what I should do I have tried turning my phone off and turning it back on. That did not help.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 7:46 AM

Here are a few other things to try:

1. delete him as a contact, then turn iMessage off- restart phone- turn iMessage back on. Create new contact for him and make sure "hide alerts" in contact card are not on. Have him texts you.

Alertnatively:

1. Delete him as contact
  2. swipe to delete the text thread.
  3. toggle iMessage off - restart phone- turn iMessage back on.
  4. Ceate new contact for him. (make sure hide alerts are not on)
  5. have him send you a text and see if you get notification.
12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Cåts

Here are a few other things to try:

1. delete him as a contact, then turn iMessage off- restart phone- turn iMessage back on. Create new contact for him and make sure "hide alerts" in contact card are not on. Have him texts you.

Alertnatively:

1. Delete him as contact
  2. swipe to delete the text thread.
  3. toggle iMessage off - restart phone- turn iMessage back on.
  4. Ceate new contact for him. (make sure hide alerts are not on)
  5. have him send you a text and see if you get notification.

Sep 30, 2020 11:08 PM in response to Itssvane

swipe next to the person you’re not receive notifications from. If you see “ moon icon ”, you may accidentally muted him.

swipe and you’ll see if muted, tap yo unmute.

How to mute your message

Go to the text message see if Hide Alerts is on.

You can also swipe left over the text message and tap the Alerts button When Hide Alerts is on, you'll find a crescent moon icon  next to the conversation.

Hide Alerts stops notifications for a specific text, not your device. You'll still receive all other messages and notifications on your Lock screen. Learn more about managing your notifications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.