Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app store

Hi, This is my first post on here as I cannot fine any info regarding apdating my apps store apple ID; my apple TV box is plugged into the back of my Samsung TV via a HDMI cable, everytime I try to install an app like ' NETFLIX' it goes to my Daughters APPLE ID and asks for her password; obviously I don't have it, her giving it to me is not an option either. Is there any other way around this or do I have delete my account and start from scatch? Sinserely Brett.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:44 PM

You mention your daughter using it to sign in with her ID and purchase something. Anything bought using that ID would only show up on her account. Her account is separate and her information would not show up within your account. It is possible to have more than one ID setup on Apple TV so if it was still signed in under hers then that is why it is asking for her information when attempting to install an app. When the device is restored it wipes all settings and reinstalls the operating system, requiring the user to set it up as if it were a new device. If that had been done then it would not be possible to still have your daughter's ID on it.

If you are still unsure then I would suggest contacting Apple support as it may be easier for them to walk through this with you in real time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 9:44 PM in response to mr_rave

You mention your daughter using it to sign in with her ID and purchase something. Anything bought using that ID would only show up on her account. Her account is separate and her information would not show up within your account. It is possible to have more than one ID setup on Apple TV so if it was still signed in under hers then that is why it is asking for her information when attempting to install an app. When the device is restored it wipes all settings and reinstalls the operating system, requiring the user to set it up as if it were a new device. If that had been done then it would not be possible to still have your daughter's ID on it.

If you are still unsure then I would suggest contacting Apple support as it may be easier for them to walk through this with you in real time.

Apr 22, 2020 6:36 PM in response to vazandrew

Hi thanks for your reply.

I bought the Apple tv so it has all my info, I go into settings and all I see is my info, My Daughters info is not in my account only mine.

At one stage my daughter some how used her apple ID to purchase something, but this does not show up in my account.

I cannot even sign out of her account as it does not show in my account

I haved done a restore, reset but when I go to install NETFLIX it goes to my daughter Apple ID asking for her password.

I am stumped, is there any else I can do?

Apple TV app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.