Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple TV 4K keep asking to sign into someone else's Apple ID account?

My Apple TV (which has been working fine for about a year) has recently started to ask to sign into my sister's AppleID account except that she is not a user of this AppleTV and I am the only user. (I also asked her if she ever tried logging on to the AppleTV and she denied doing so. Plus she probably has been in my house for 24 hours since COVID started) I even restored the Apple TV to factory settings and it is still doing that.

What's making it even more annoying is that it won't turn download Amazon Prime. It asks for my sister's password, and I click "Not Now", it says it can't download the Amazon app.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 5:40 AM

• Apple TV would ask for a different Apple ID account for the App Store, if some app that was installed with that other account, needs updating. If you know which app, then you can delete and re-download just that app, so that it gets linked to your account.
  • Apps could ask for accounts if signed out after last use.
  • Apple TV remembers email accounts for apps, but not beyond a reset/restore.

I even restored the Apple TV to factory settings and it is still doing that.

That is not possible. A reset/restore to factory settings (when done correctly and completely) would wipe everything, and then would ask to set it up again “as new”. It couldn’t know about any other accounts, unless a user entered them. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 5:40 AM in response to bgwng

• Apple TV would ask for a different Apple ID account for the App Store, if some app that was installed with that other account, needs updating. If you know which app, then you can delete and re-download just that app, so that it gets linked to your account.
  • Apps could ask for accounts if signed out after last use.
  • Apple TV remembers email accounts for apps, but not beyond a reset/restore.

I even restored the Apple TV to factory settings and it is still doing that.

That is not possible. A reset/restore to factory settings (when done correctly and completely) would wipe everything, and then would ask to set it up again “as new”. It couldn’t know about any other accounts, unless a user entered them. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Why does Apple TV 4K keep asking to sign into someone else's Apple ID account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.