Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 paint chipping

yup you should have heard about the iPhone 7 paint chipping and I can DEFINITELY say it’s a very big issue. It happen on my fiends iPhone 7 and now my NEW iphone 11 . I feel very disappointed I handled it with utmost care. paint chipping started with the anodised aluminium near the camera lens then it increased and increased and even spread to other parts of my iPhone such as the charging port and also the SIM card tray and many spots on the side. It’s very disappointing as I had a case on it all the time and it has only been 4 months since I bought it . I have even went to a authorised repair centre and they said it’s cosmetic issue but it’s still a issue which I am very sure not caused by me and it was problem caused by Apple so I am very disappointed a expensive phone from a well know company sells phones with this issue and says is cosmetic and caused by wear and tear by the user but it I am 100 percent sure it was not caused by me. The white spots keep on increasing, but for apple it’s only a cosmetic issue. But for me its a big issue I keep my phone very safe as I worked very hard for it as I used all my savings on it

is there any way I can fix this issue and if you also have this issue plz share this thanks:)

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 10:54 PM

yes. I also mine also a lot of chips around the camera lens. I called Apple they say it’s a cosmetic issue, I went to a authorised repair shop they also say cosmetic . I am very angry about this but I Guess there is nothing I can do about it. I have been buying Apple products Since the first iPhone and now I am going to change to Samsung because Apple is becoming worse and worse. I wasted so much of my time visiting repair centres, calling Apple, texting and emailing them but they won’t do any thing about it.

78 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 10:54 PM in response to ZapZac27

yes. I also mine also a lot of chips around the camera lens. I called Apple they say it’s a cosmetic issue, I went to a authorised repair shop they also say cosmetic . I am very angry about this but I Guess there is nothing I can do about it. I have been buying Apple products Since the first iPhone and now I am going to change to Samsung because Apple is becoming worse and worse. I wasted so much of my time visiting repair centres, calling Apple, texting and emailing them but they won’t do any thing about it.

Jul 13, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Joymerwin

I have got the same issue after a few months. And the colour didn’t chip any further because I have been using a saver. Actually the parts that the saver the didn’t cover are the parts that you can see the paint swelled (see below).

In the first picture, you can clearly see the colours fade by the passage of time. Why? Because it is an homogeneous fade. And I repeat, it didn’t fade that much because of the saver.

In this second picture, the same. There is a gap due to the accidental fall through which I could notice the problem (I didn’t notice the chapping that much before), but the fall didn’t cause the problem with the paint at all, as you can see.

The worst thing has been from Apple’s shop where I bought this iPhone as well as other Apple products within the last year. They blamed this BIG ISSUE towards the use of gel (against the current virus), the globes or some cases (ridiculously I must say) and confirmed to me in person I will keep the 900€ phone like it is for sure, regardless of their engineer researchers (I quote).

I am just wondering how bad your red iPhones 11 must be if you didn’t use a saver/cover. They must be between a pink and a dirty white.

And what I am sure about is I will not spend 900€ in a new iPhone anymore, since even a cheap “Xiaomi” would never become discoloured after a few months.

PD. Si estás en España y te gustaría tomar la vía legal, mándame un privado.

Sep 22, 2020 11:14 PM in response to Joymerwin

I have the same issue on my iphone 11 which I bought recently in July 2020. I was using it very carefully with a protective cover from the very first day. Then I noticed chipping after like 3 weeks of use but I can confirm it didn't even drop or scratch but just started chipping. This is very disappointing because it costed me $900 to buy this phone from Sri Lanka. Yup, that's the usual retail price here. Apple MUST address this issue!!!

Jul 28, 2021 9:27 PM in response to LD150

I have the black iphone 12 and since day 1 i have been using it with a good quality tempered glass and a very protective case. I am 100% sure nothing ever came in contact with the camera rings.The paint started coming off after 2 months since i got this phone.Also the paint doesn't scratch off like it does with normal wear and tear.It forms a bubble under it and just peel off on touch.Thats definitely a defect/ bad quality control issue.I have attached an image below and i have applied a skin as to camouflage the situation with the paint on the ring.

May 18, 2020 2:46 AM in response to Joymerwin

I have this problem too. It also started from the anodized parts around the cameras, and now it has spread to around to lock button, SIM tray, and the border around the screen. Fortunately mine is just tiny spots here and there. But those tiny spots are sure annoying. I gotta say, I'm a little dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, I love this phone, but I'm disappointed in how easy it chipped. I'll still use iPhone in the future, maybe upgrading to iPhone 12 once it is released, but I'd stay away from colored iPhone. I will definitely stick with white next time. White iPhone has natural silver aluminium, surely it won't have any paint to chip.

Jul 19, 2020 4:36 AM in response to adityayudiana

Its not about OCD, we all want our lovely phones to bd in pristine condition....iPhone deserves the attention....the white color also has a silver paint which may also chip....there definitely seems to be an issue with PVD treatment of aluminium...mine is only a month and i have started seeing small marks on thr camera ring...its extremely annoying after paying such a hefty amount....even the black ring surrounding camera also seems of average quality....just keeping the phone in jeans pocket with nothing else too will scratch the ring

iphone 11 paint chipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.