Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set iPod classic to disk mode

I had a helpful reply yesterday re getting iPod music back onto my iTunes on a new laptop and thought the problem was solved. I followed the instructions on how to use disk mode. I have a newish iPod classic so a click wheel and got as far as 'hold the centre and on/off/pause buttons until the disk screen appears.' The disk screen doesn't appear, just back to the iPod main menu. Any advice?

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:47 AM

Putting an iPod classic into disk mode:

Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds until it resets, then switch to PLAY+SELECT as soon as the Apple logo appears, again for about 6 seconds to put the machine in disk mode. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds to reset the device back to normal when done.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 6:47 AM in response to eleanorinexile

Putting an iPod classic into disk mode:

Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds until it resets, then switch to PLAY+SELECT as soon as the Apple logo appears, again for about 6 seconds to put the machine in disk mode. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds to reset the device back to normal when done.

tt2

Set iPod classic to disk mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.