Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Follow Tempo & Pitch appears not to be working

I have recorded a guitar audio track (guitar via interface into GB amp models/patches). I now want to slow down several other tracks slightly, but not that one. I choose the track and the guitar region, uncheck "Follow Tempo & Pitch" in the editor pane. I then adjust the overall tempo in the main tempo and key sig window at the top. The guitar track however still speeds up or slows down when I adjust the tempo. I thought that by unchecking the box, it would not do that. Am I missing something?

Any help kindly appreciated.

Garageband 10.3.4.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 8:48 AM

Reply to myself: Yes, I am missing something.

Delete region and track. Shut Garageband. Shut Mac. Following morning, open project again, add an empty track and re-record the part. Presto: works fine i.e as expected when I either check, or uncheck, "Follow Tempo & Pitch".

I should have done all of that before posting here. Sorry if I wasted anyone's cycles.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 8:48 AM in response to Dedalu5

Reply to myself: Yes, I am missing something.

Delete region and track. Shut Garageband. Shut Mac. Following morning, open project again, add an empty track and re-record the part. Presto: works fine i.e as expected when I either check, or uncheck, "Follow Tempo & Pitch".

I should have done all of that before posting here. Sorry if I wasted anyone's cycles.

Follow Tempo & Pitch appears not to be working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.