Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my cool looking controls in Garageband 10?

I'm having a major issue. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro- 16 GB RAM- Intel i5 and an older Garageband 10.

Now in Garageband when I select any track or Instrument or vocal or whatever I should be seeing something in the control panel section... and I am not seeing anything!

As you can see. I have selcted different tracks, tried different configurations, I've tried making the window bigger, smaller... nothing has worked. I've Restarted and updated my computer... I've tried everything and I'm not seeing those cool looking controls. Why? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:09 PM

ALRIGHT.... Last post I swear... thanks for your patience. I was able to get a copy of 10.4.3.... this is updated enough that it fixes the bug, but not so updated that you can only run it on Big Sur. So that seems to be the only thing I know that works. You have to update the software.

Thanks again.

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 22, 2021 8:26 AM in response to léonie

Hi. Thanks for your response. Yes I’ve tried all that. I can get different user patches, and the amps and effects work fine. But there are no controls for the tracks. I should be seeing the knobs for virtual instruments, effects for vocals, and the drummer tracks as well. I can see EQ when I switch but no controls. I’ve read that this is a common problem and all you need to do is update the app, however that is an impossibility since it is an older copy of GB. It’s because my computer is to old to run Big Sur which you need for the latest GB. So that is why I have the older GB on Catalina. Thanks.

Mar 22, 2021 12:50 PM in response to léonie

I would say it's too big of a thing to just overlook. If it's only for looks, and there are other ways to access those controls and plug ins... that is one thing. But it seems to me, that as far as general EQing and controls go for say the virtual instruments... you can't access that anywhere else. Well maybe EQ on the EQ side, but I can't seem to find another way to adjust say the "bell" or "Ambience" of say a "Classic Electric Piano". Again, maybe I'm wrong about that, but are these Graphic interfaces for the smart controls completely necessary? If not, no big deal. But if they are, I'm going to upgrade to Logic.

Where are my cool looking controls in Garageband 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.