Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand panning track hard right by itself

I have GarageBand 10.4.2 running on a late 2015 iMac (running OSX 11.2.1)

It has mostly been fine because I do very little else on the Mac, but recently it has started acting up with a really annoying glitch. If I have a track highlighted (because I am recording, or editing it), GarageBand will suddenly pan the track hard right. I'll move it back, but seconds later it's panned hard right again. If a track is not currently highlighted, nothing happens to the pan position and I have no automation turned on. It it happening on older projects and brand new projects. Any thoughts on what is causing this hard right pan (it's always hard right to +62)?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:21 PM

Hi there phil mustang,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with GarageBand tracks panning when selected, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To begin, restart your iMac, and test for the issue again: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue persists, restart your iMac in safe mode and test again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Finally, to determine if the issue is user-specific or system-wide, create a new admin user account, and check again: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 7:21 PM in response to phil mustang

Hi there phil mustang,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with GarageBand tracks panning when selected, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To begin, restart your iMac, and test for the issue again: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue persists, restart your iMac in safe mode and test again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Finally, to determine if the issue is user-specific or system-wide, create a new admin user account, and check again: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers!

GarageBand panning track hard right by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.