Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Stuck on Wrong Menu

The image below is the opening screen I get when I launch GarageBand on my new MacBook Silicon M2. It should be the GarageBand main menu. I deleted the app, reloaded it from the App Store and still get this image that will not allow me into GarageBand. Am I missing a command? I've used GarageBand for many years and never had this problem till now. Next stop will be Apple Support unless someone here has a suggestion of how to correct this.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:27 AM

I found the answer from Apple Support. Mac versions of GarageBand are not the same as iPad as I am accustom to. The iPad version opens up with a selection of virtual instruments and allows for audio, drum tracks, as with the above menu. Mac versions do not contain virtual instruments and is more of a kind of recording studio software. I think I may be able to move my projects over from the iPad to my Mac but only for playing, not editing. I have been schooled.

I hope to get a new iPad in Sept. (mine is ancient) and continue from there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 10:27 AM in response to ejbpesca

I found the answer from Apple Support. Mac versions of GarageBand are not the same as iPad as I am accustom to. The iPad version opens up with a selection of virtual instruments and allows for audio, drum tracks, as with the above menu. Mac versions do not contain virtual instruments and is more of a kind of recording studio software. I think I may be able to move my projects over from the iPad to my Mac but only for playing, not editing. I have been schooled.

I hope to get a new iPad in Sept. (mine is ancient) and continue from there.

GarageBand Stuck on Wrong Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.