Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost all FINDER "preset locations"?

i seem to have somehow lost all my preset locations or whatever i am supposed to call these locations. so now if i want to save something to the desktop i have to navigate there? not even sure how i would get to dropbox now honestly. any ideas on what happened? or do i just need to create a lot of aliases and drag all the aliases back into the finder bar here? ideas? THANKS

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Just in case, that you are not signed in as the guest user, and just accidentally set the selector to the "Guest" user, try to set the menu in the toolbar, where it is showing "Guest" to a different user account by clicking the double arrow ^v and step up to "Users".

In the sidebar, the Favorites section can be hidden. If you hover the pointer over the title "Favourites" in the sidebar, you may be seeing a hidden button "Show/Hide", that lets you hide the sections of the Finder sidebar. Click "show", to bring the Favourites and other sections of the sidebar back. For example - I have hidden all parts of the sidebar:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 9:52 AM in response to hotwheels22

Just in case, that you are not signed in as the guest user, and just accidentally set the selector to the "Guest" user, try to set the menu in the toolbar, where it is showing "Guest" to a different user account by clicking the double arrow ^v and step up to "Users".

In the sidebar, the Favorites section can be hidden. If you hover the pointer over the title "Favourites" in the sidebar, you may be seeing a hidden button "Show/Hide", that lets you hide the sections of the Finder sidebar. Click "show", to bring the Favourites and other sections of the sidebar back. For example - I have hidden all parts of the sidebar:

Apr 22, 2020 10:38 AM in response to léonie

THANKS GUYS! boy did i feel like a dope there.

apologies for the weird original image with the negative signs. that appears to have been when i was in fact clicking on the guest folder or something but i was too flustered to redo the screenshot to something that made more sense. i was confooosed!

it was as leonie pointed out the SHOW button which i seem to have clicked to HIDE accidentally.

thats a little like driving a stick shift and you walk out one day and someone turned around your transmission or something!

all good. THANK YOU.

lost all FINDER "preset locations"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.