Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Live Photo’s Not Saving

Hello!

I recently upgraded to an IPhone 11 and have noticed an issue with FaceTime.

When I click the white button to take a live photo, it does not save.

The screen flashes and tells me I have taken one, but it doesn’t show up in my camera roll.

I have the latest software(IOS 13.4.1) and have tried everything I can find.

-Restarting Iphone

-Restarting ICloud Photos, Live Photo Settings, and FaceTime Settings

None of these have worked. Is there any other fix I could try?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 3:59 PM

Hello, its_____riley.

I understand that Live Photos taken during a FaceTime session aren’t saving to your Camera Roll. I personally love capturing special moments while Face Timing and am glad to lend some insight.

Thanks for keeping your iPhone up-to-date. Both parties must be updated to iOS 12.1.4 and higher. When I experienced this same issue, the answer was that the person I was speaking to wasn’t up to date. I also wanted to note that FaceTime Live Photos doesn’t work with iOS 11.

If you are FaceTiming with someone using a Mac, the minimum requirements are found in the Apple Support article, Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on Mac. They must meet the criteria for Live Photos to save.

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 3:59 PM in response to its_____riley

Hello, its_____riley.

I understand that Live Photos taken during a FaceTime session aren’t saving to your Camera Roll. I personally love capturing special moments while Face Timing and am glad to lend some insight.

Thanks for keeping your iPhone up-to-date. Both parties must be updated to iOS 12.1.4 and higher. When I experienced this same issue, the answer was that the person I was speaking to wasn’t up to date. I also wanted to note that FaceTime Live Photos doesn’t work with iOS 11.

If you are FaceTiming with someone using a Mac, the minimum requirements are found in the Apple Support article, Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on Mac. They must meet the criteria for Live Photos to save.

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

FaceTime Live Photo’s Not Saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.