Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting a song as my ringtone?

Is anyone able to give me a step by step guide to setting a song as my ringtone please?

Ive tried and tried and have gotten no where.

I have purchased the song on my iPhone 11 from iTunes and was of the understanding I needed to convert the song to a ringtone using garage band.

If I open garage band and find the folder the song is saved in, the song is greyed out and I cannot click on it.

Thanks in advance.

Dan.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 4:32 PM

Hello TD5D4N90,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to set a song that you purchased as a ringtone on your iPhone. To do this, please follow the steps in these Apple resources to create the ringtone in GarageBand on Mac, and then to transfer that file to your iPhone:

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro X or GarageBand for Mac song

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 4:32 PM in response to TD5D4N90

Hello TD5D4N90,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to set a song that you purchased as a ringtone on your iPhone. To do this, please follow the steps in these Apple resources to create the ringtone in GarageBand on Mac, and then to transfer that file to your iPhone:

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro X or GarageBand for Mac song

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Setting a song as my ringtone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.