Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail App flickering and won't connect on my iPhone.

My iPhone suddenly won't allow me to access my gmail app anymore. I have tried what has been suggested to others on this site, but without luck. When I press my gmail app on my phone, it spins, flickers and won't connect. Sometimes I get a quick glimpse of my emails but only to disappear again. Very much need access. Any thoughts? Thank You! Edith

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 1:46 PM

You can try the following to resolve this issue: 

1. Force reboot your device by holding down the Power button and Home button until the device flashes the Apple logo. This works so well for resolving many common app crashing issues, and it’s so simple, that you absolutely should try this first. 
  2. Quit the app then relaunch it 
  3. Update the App 
  4. Delete the App then re-install it 
  5. Update your iOS to the latest version 

Hope it helps! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 1:46 PM in response to ea_1

You can try the following to resolve this issue: 

1. Force reboot your device by holding down the Power button and Home button until the device flashes the Apple logo. This works so well for resolving many common app crashing issues, and it’s so simple, that you absolutely should try this first. 
  2. Quit the app then relaunch it 
  3. Update the App 
  4. Delete the App then re-install it 
  5. Update your iOS to the latest version 

Hope it helps! 

Gmail App flickering and won't connect on my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.