Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stuck on updating

The other day I connected my phone to my Mac and decided to update from 13.xx.xx to 13.4.1

I clicked 'Download Update' and then later on 'Update'; post this I had to accept the agreement. I guess I disconnected my phone after that and when I reconnected, it automatically went back to 'updating' again. It was stuck on updating for a long while so I disconnected again and did OTA update directly on the phone to 13.4.1

The problem is that my phone still shows as Updating when I connect it to my Mac. I tried to reboot my phone, my Mac, finder, itunes everything. In fact, I even deleted the software update file from

~/Library/iTunes/iPhone\ Software\ Updates

but that doesnt help either. Whenever I connect my phone to the Mac, my Music app shows 'Updating' and therefore I can't sync music on my phone.

It has been stuck on this screen for over two hours and I have tried to disconnect reconnect multiple times.

Can someone please provide any comments, suggestions on what to try now?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 12:57 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 23, 2020 6:46 PM in response to appleFanbouy

Hey there appleFanbouy,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues updating your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you’re on macOS Catalina, you’ll want to use Finder to update your iPhone and sync music to your iPhone. Take a look at this article for more info:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’re still not able to update your iPhone in Finder, take a look at this article for some steps that can resolve this issue:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Regards.

Iphone stuck on updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.