Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The connection to your feed was interrupted due to a connection timeout error.

Hi there. When I check my RSS feed in podcast connect I get the following error message:

"The connection to your feed was interrupted due to a connection timeout error. Read timed out."

and the status is set to Error.

I am not sure what I can do about this, as the RSS feed works just fine with Spotify and I see no errors over at Podbean.

Any help is much appreciated!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 1:53 AM

Once your feed is in the Store you don't need Podcasts Connect except for checking for statistics (and these are only partial). In any case I was able to check your feed in Podcasts Connect - it won't validate it once it's in the Store, but all four episodes show there (though not yet in the Store).

I don't know what's causing the error you're seeing but it won't prevent the Store updating: and you don't need Podcasts Connect to add new episodes, just add them to the feed and re-upload it.

The timeout could be caused by your server being too slow to respond, so it might just be one of these intermittent problems - particularly given the current strain on the internet.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 1:53 AM in response to ali3000

Once your feed is in the Store you don't need Podcasts Connect except for checking for statistics (and these are only partial). In any case I was able to check your feed in Podcasts Connect - it won't validate it once it's in the Store, but all four episodes show there (though not yet in the Store).

I don't know what's causing the error you're seeing but it won't prevent the Store updating: and you don't need Podcasts Connect to add new episodes, just add them to the feed and re-upload it.

The timeout could be caused by your server being too slow to respond, so it might just be one of these intermittent problems - particularly given the current strain on the internet.

Apr 23, 2020 1:37 AM in response to ali3000

This is normal. Episode 4 appears when you subscribe in iTunes, so the feed is OK. You can't expect it to appear instantly in the Store: it can take up to two days, occasionally more. The Store caches the feeds (there are thousands) and visits them in some sort of rotation to check for updates, so how long it takes depends on where you are in the cycle when you post. Your episode should appear in the next couple of days.

Apr 23, 2020 1:40 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the reply.

I am just concerned about the Error message when I log into Podcast Connect.

"The connection to your feed was interrupted due to a connection timeout error. Read timed out"

I understand that they don't appear instantly, but if this error isn't solved then new episodes won't appear at all, as I understand it? :)

The connection to your feed was interrupted due to a connection timeout error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.