Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown purchase from app store

Hello! I received an email that I have purchased an app from App Store. I never did that. I checked my card and I saw that I never have paid for this app. Also at this email it said that it is a gift from sa4@icloud.com

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 5:19 AM

That sounds like a phishing email trying to get you to reveal your Apple ID details.

Don't click any links, ignore the email and delete it.

BTW, you wouldn't have to purchase a gift from someone else.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.4.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 5:19 AM in response to Mara19b

That sounds like a phishing email trying to get you to reveal your Apple ID details.

Don't click any links, ignore the email and delete it.

BTW, you wouldn't have to purchase a gift from someone else.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.4.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Unknown purchase from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.