Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Task and Panic report

hello everyone ,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me please with this issue as Panic report from kernel task, you could see the following report message

My mac :

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Macbook retina early 2015

cpu 3,1 Ghz intelcore i7

memory 16Gb 1867 mHz DDR3

graphic : intel Iris graphics 6100 1536MB

Panic report :

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:17 AM

Does the machine show a four language screen that automatically restarts the Mac?

If it does, generally this means the hardware that tells the computer what's on the machine has a failure status happening.

It could be the RAM, it could also be a bootable external hard drive that has poor connectivity.

It could also be a hard drive that is on its way out.

Run the hardware test or Apple diagnostics:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

If either reports a problem and you are under AppleCare, or one year warranty, call AppleCare to have it looked up.

If you have a user installable RAM part, and bought third party RAM and installed it yourself, contact the RAM vendor for replacement RAM under their lifetime warranty.

Note: RAM should not be replaced without proper static electricity precautions. Data should be backed up prior to doing any internal component work. If your machine won't boot to do a necessary backup, look at data recovery options such as Prosoft Data Rescue and see if those work before doing any internal work. In warranty work should be done exclusively by Apple authorized service centers or repair centers. Apple does offer mail in repair even if no service center or store is available. AppleCare numbers are listed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 6:17 AM in response to sylex11

Does the machine show a four language screen that automatically restarts the Mac?

If it does, generally this means the hardware that tells the computer what's on the machine has a failure status happening.

It could be the RAM, it could also be a bootable external hard drive that has poor connectivity.

It could also be a hard drive that is on its way out.

Run the hardware test or Apple diagnostics:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

If either reports a problem and you are under AppleCare, or one year warranty, call AppleCare to have it looked up.

If you have a user installable RAM part, and bought third party RAM and installed it yourself, contact the RAM vendor for replacement RAM under their lifetime warranty.

Note: RAM should not be replaced without proper static electricity precautions. Data should be backed up prior to doing any internal component work. If your machine won't boot to do a necessary backup, look at data recovery options such as Prosoft Data Rescue and see if those work before doing any internal work. In warranty work should be done exclusively by Apple authorized service centers or repair centers. Apple does offer mail in repair even if no service center or store is available. AppleCare numbers are listed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Apr 23, 2020 7:33 AM in response to sylex11

Kernel extensions are always the first suspects. You have 2. I've used Karabiner, and it is generally a very good kernel citizen.

org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v061000	6.10.0
com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBMaschineControllerDriver	2.8.0

The kernel backtrace is in the USB drivers, and your other kernel extension says USB Machine Controller Driver, so it is the most likely suspect.

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily

You apparently have a 2015 Macbook Pro, and on those models I do not think you could replace the RAM. If I'm right, then it is unlikely to be a RAM issue.

The com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBMaschineControllerDriver implies you have a USB device attached to your Mac. The 3rd most common cause of a kernel panic, is a broken USB device, broken USB cable, broken USB Hub (#1 kernel extensions, #2 third party RAM, #3 broken USB)

So just unplugging all external USB devices and seeing if the problem goes away is another test.

But at the moment the com.caiaq.driver.NIUSBMaschineControllerDriver is the most likely suspect.

Kernel Task and Panic report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.