Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop my photos from my old iPhone from transferring to my new iPhone?

I have already synced my old phone to my new phone. I don't want my photos I take on my old phone to transfer to my new one. How can I do this? In other words, how can I keep my photos I take on my old phone but still have all the photos from the past on my new phone? Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 8:56 AM

Are you using the same Apple ID on both the iPhones?

Have you enabled iCloud and turned on iCloud Photos?

When you say "synced my old phone to my new phone", what exactly did you do?

If I can understand you correctly; you want all past photos taken on old iPhone to new iPhone but do not want the new photos taken on old phone to get transferred to new iPhone. In this scenario.

On iPhone old:

Use Apple ID (Old)

Turn on iCloud Photos; Enable either Optimise Storage or Download & Keep Originals

On iPhone New:

Use Apple ID (Old)

Turn on iCloud Photos; Enable either Optimise Storage or Download & Keep Originals

On iPhone old:

Create New Apple ID & use the new Apple ID

End Result

On iPhone old: All past Photos and new photos when taken on this iPhone (Old) will exists

On iPhone New: All past Photos and new photos when taken on this iPhone (New) will exists

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 8:56 AM in response to multi272

Are you using the same Apple ID on both the iPhones?

Have you enabled iCloud and turned on iCloud Photos?

When you say "synced my old phone to my new phone", what exactly did you do?

If I can understand you correctly; you want all past photos taken on old iPhone to new iPhone but do not want the new photos taken on old phone to get transferred to new iPhone. In this scenario.

On iPhone old:

Use Apple ID (Old)

On iPhone New:

Use Apple ID (Old)

On iPhone old:

Create New Apple ID & use the new Apple ID

End Result

On iPhone old: All past Photos and new photos when taken on this iPhone (Old) will exists

On iPhone New: All past Photos and new photos when taken on this iPhone (New) will exists

How can I stop my photos from my old iPhone from transferring to my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.