Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems faced in iphone

Its been a month since I've bought an iphone XR(128 GB). Earlier, I had an iphone 5s(16 GB). The photos have stopping backing up and the icloud storage is still showing me as 5 GB. What to do to so that the bar shows 128 GB and my photos start backing up again, the new as well as the old. Also, I backup all my data in my laptop.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 9:50 AM

You are trying to compare two different things. The purchase of the phone for 128GB is phone storage. It has nothing to do with iCloud storage. You get 5GB of iCloud storage and you have the option to purchase more if desired. If you are using iCloud Photos, they do not backup to iCloud, they are synced to iCloud. Deleting a photo in iCloud or on the iPhone deletes it in both places. If your photos were stored in iCloud, then with the new phone you must log into that same iCloud account for them to appear on your iPhone.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 9:50 AM in response to khush24

You are trying to compare two different things. The purchase of the phone for 128GB is phone storage. It has nothing to do with iCloud storage. You get 5GB of iCloud storage and you have the option to purchase more if desired. If you are using iCloud Photos, they do not backup to iCloud, they are synced to iCloud. Deleting a photo in iCloud or on the iPhone deletes it in both places. If your photos were stored in iCloud, then with the new phone you must log into that same iCloud account for them to appear on your iPhone.

Problems faced in iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.