Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Burn-in on Regular iPhone 11

Recently I have noticed Screen Burn-in on my iPhone's display. It usually takes about 2 minutes of the screen displaying the same thing for this to occur. It does then eventually fade away - taking about 10 minutes. Is it normal for this to happen on the regular iPhone 11? and is it a Hardware or Software issue as I've only noticed this recently.

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Hello Abduldaim.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are noticing image persistence with your iPhone 11 Pro. I will be glad to assist.

Check out these tips below that can help reduce image persistence from:

About the Super Retina display on your iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max, and the Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max

• "Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. When a new update is available, you'll see a prompt to update. You can also check for updates in Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Use Auto-Brightness to automatically adjust the brightness of your display based on the ambient light in your location. This setting is on by default. To check this setting, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations.
  • Set your iPhone to turn off the display when you aren’t using it. Choosing a shorter time is recommended. To adjust this setting, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto Lock.
  • Avoid displaying static images at maximum brightness for long periods of time. If you have an app that keeps your display on when you aren’t actively using your iPhone you can temporarily reduce the brightness level using Control Center."

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Abduldaim

Hello Abduldaim.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are noticing image persistence with your iPhone 11 Pro. I will be glad to assist.

Check out these tips below that can help reduce image persistence from:

About the Super Retina display on your iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max, and the Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max

• "Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. When a new update is available, you'll see a prompt to update. You can also check for updates in Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Use Auto-Brightness to automatically adjust the brightness of your display based on the ambient light in your location. This setting is on by default. To check this setting, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations.
  • Set your iPhone to turn off the display when you aren’t using it. Choosing a shorter time is recommended. To adjust this setting, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto Lock.
  • Avoid displaying static images at maximum brightness for long periods of time. If you have an app that keeps your display on when you aren’t actively using your iPhone you can temporarily reduce the brightness level using Control Center."

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Screen Burn-in on Regular iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.