Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only 60% iTunes songs in playlist transferring to thumb drive why?

Hi, i'm trying to transfer songs from a large 1200-song playlist to a thumb drive for the car. It looks like everything is going well BUT.. when I click 'INFO' and compare with the summary at the foot of the iTunes playlist I find that only about 60% of the songs have actually transferred over.

Can anyone help me on this?

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:34 PM

Thanks so much to ‘theLittles’ for keeping with me. Again I did try all of what you kindly suggested right down to transferring one by one, and although there was more success still there gaps and it was going to take far too long. I happened upon a uTube of an app called ‘ Export for iTunes’ which I downloaded from Apple Store and it has done the job perfectly. Phew. Thanks again 🙂

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 10:34 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks so much to ‘theLittles’ for keeping with me. Again I did try all of what you kindly suggested right down to transferring one by one, and although there was more success still there gaps and it was going to take far too long. I happened upon a uTube of an app called ‘ Export for iTunes’ which I downloaded from Apple Store and it has done the job perfectly. Phew. Thanks again 🙂

Apr 23, 2020 1:59 PM in response to alex hall

alex hall:

"Only 60% iTunes songs in playlist transferring to thumb drive why?: Hi, i'm trying to transfer songs from a large 1200-song playlist to a thumb drive for the car. It looks like everything is going well BUT.. when I click 'INFO' and compare with the summary at the foot of the iTunes playlist I find that only about 60% of the songs have actually transferred over."

-------

Storage Capacity:

Is there enough storage capacity for 1,200 Songs?. One typical song is 1 to 3MB in size or thereabouts. So, 1,200 songs would be about 12GB to 36GB, respectively (quite a difference in range of size, I know). So, get a 64GB storage capacity "thumb drive". See if that does the trick.

Apr 24, 2020 6:39 AM in response to alex hall

axel hall Said:

[...]I have to go back and start again and transfer one by one, and that is not really feasible given the number of files I want to transfer

———-

Try to Assort these By Similarity:

One-by-one? Indeed that doesn’t seem feasible for file transfer of this much music. There must be some way to assort these?

Any Similarities of these Files?

Is there sometime particular about the files that did not make it? We’re they all certain genre? Were they all larger than a certain size? Did they al start with a particular letter?

I would highly recommend you place the items in list view and then sort them the “Date Modified”.

Try transferring these 10 at a time or 100 at a time. Does that work?

Only 60% iTunes songs in playlist transferring to thumb drive why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.