Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Analytics

How does apple music count total number of plays? How many seconds of streaming counts as a play? When my song is downloaded and played offline, does apple music regard total offline plays as part of music plays?

Please I need comprehensive and factual answers. It's urgent 🙏🏿

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:09 PM

Hello Ja_ck_ie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I'll gladly answer your questions the best I can.

Play counts require the entire song to be played in order to count as a single play. Any offline plays would not be counted overall or with other devices until it is online again to be a part of the play count and then it should add it to the total play count. It would only be stored on the device you listened to until the device itself is online or connected to the Internet.

Hope that helps and enjoy.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 4:09 PM in response to Ja_ck_ie

Hello Ja_ck_ie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I'll gladly answer your questions the best I can.

Play counts require the entire song to be played in order to count as a single play. Any offline plays would not be counted overall or with other devices until it is online again to be a part of the play count and then it should add it to the total play count. It would only be stored on the device you listened to until the device itself is online or connected to the Internet.

Hope that helps and enjoy.

Streaming Analytics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.